Prioritizing projects can be a difficult, politically charged process, resulting in a portfolio with mixed support and difficulties in execution. Or, it can be an efficient process creating a shared vision and understanding for your whole team. LeverSource provides tools and an approach to upgrade your process to the latter.
In reality, prioritizing projects is a process. The linked white paper below breaks this process down into eight critical questions every professional needs to be able to answer to arrive at a bulletproof prioritization.
Eight questions found on every prioritization project:
- Where should you be focusing your attention given the situation you face?
- Which levers give you the biggest bang for the buck in achieving your objectives?
- How can these levers be bundled into projects?
- What types of resources are needed for these projects to be successful?
- What is the cost/benefit/risk estimate for each project?
- What priority should these projects be ranked in?
- Which projects can we afford to do given our budget and resource constraints?
- What’s the most reasonable roadmap we can agree on?
Building a Prioritization Strategy